The TRX plank row adds instability into the mix for an added challenge for your core and shoulders.
Choose a weight you can complete 10 to 15 repetitions. You don’t need to go especially heavy on this; it’s less about the rowing and more about keeping the torso still.
– Grab a dumbbell in one hand, with the other hand gripping the TRX handle
– Row the weight towards your body, then lower back down toward the floor
– Keep your whole body totally still, with only the arm moving as you row the weight
– Keep the hips forward the whole time – just like you would for a plank
– Complete 10-15 repetitions on one arm, then switch arms and repeat.
– Rest for 30 secs after the first set then complete a second set on each side
– Once you can complete 15 reps on each side (with perfect form) then try increasing the weight
– For a harder progression simply lengthen the TRX straps, so your body is closer to the floor