An intermediate progression on from the plank – essential for developing a firmer core!
– Begin in a push up position with hands directly below shoulders
– Walk your hands out, keeping your hips still
– imagine you’ve got a glass of water on your back that you don’t want to spill
– When you’ve taken a few steps out walk your hands back to the start position
– Aim for a total of 10 reps (out and back = 1 rep)
– Repeat for a total of 2 to 3 sets
When we’ve got this right you’ll feel in your abdominals and shoulders. If you feel in you lower back you’ve gone a little too far based on your current core stability. If this is the case maybe go to one of the less demanding plank exercises like the stability ball plank