If you’re limited for time the Single Arm Kettlebell Squat to Press is perfect for targeting a load of muscles all at once.
Your legs, shoulders and arms all get some work. And because you only hold the weight on one side, your core works overtime to balance it out.
– choose a weight that’s challenging to complete 5 reps on each side (6kg to 8kg kettlebell if you’re not sure)
– With the kettlebell at your shoulder squat down, until your thighs are parallel to the floor.
– Stand up, pressing the kettlebell above your head as you return to standing
– lower the kettlebell to your shoulder, then drop down into the squat again
– Complete the exercise for 5 reps, then switch the kettlebell to the other side and complete another 5 reps
– Rest for 30 to 60 secs then repeat for a total of 3 sets
– Build up to 8 repetitions on each side over a the next few workouts.
– When you manage 8 reps on each side increase the weight and drop the reps back down to 5 each side.